Electric shavers play an integral part in the grooming needs of any modern man out there. They are handy to carry around, do not have long hours of constant electricity supply, and ensure that the job gets done. Also, over the years they have started to come out with a wide variety of features such as different blade lengths for different style looks and guards to ensure that one does not get nicked by mistake. In this article, we try to look at the features that make the best electric shaver for black men.
Some tips to ensure a seamless shaving experience:
- Try not to dry shave as this can leave your skin looking very dry and flaky. The best option would be to exfoliate the skin and then proceed to apply some moisturizer and then shave.
- Try using water that is not too hot in temperature. This is even more important for those who are dealing with sensitive skin. Using hot water can cause the skin to get irritated and look red.
- Shaving cream is the best bet if you are looking for a smooth shaving experience. Soaps might be too slippery and in presence of hard water, there might be poor lather as well.
- Paying heed to the direction of hair growth makes it easier to trim off the hair. Going against the hair growth can uproot a few of the hairs and end the shave looking extremely choppy and uneven. Sometimes it may even tug at the hair follicles and this can create discomfort.
- If you are done with shaving then the next step would involve closing the pores to prevent any tiny bits of hair alongside dust getting stuck in your pores. A splash of cold water should do the trick.
- Even though electric razors last quite a while it might be a good idea to get their blades replaces once in a while. You might sign of a poorly functioning blade when it doesn’t trim enough despite being held close to the surface of the skin and acts like something is clogged in between.
- If you have very delicate skin try to look at the instructions and try not to shave too far away from the skin layer. Both before and after shaving ensure that your skin stays hydrated as this will help it to look better.
If you are looking for an electric shaver you will find them in a multitude of places ranging from department stores to online channels. A lot of companies are coming out with newer changes and product designs, so before buying one do get a good look at all the options available on the market. It is also important to have a shaver that does not require you to constantly plug it in and charge and this reduces the ease during travel. Finally budget also plays a major role in determining what kind of shaver might be a good option for you to own.