How to use cbd for sleep may seem like a complicated subject, but it is actually quite simple. The benefits of using CBD for insomnia are numerous. Here’s the lowdown on how you can maximize your chances of getting some good sleep.
In order to understand how to use CBD for sleep we must first understand what this plant is and why we should be interested in it at all.
What Is CBD?
The answer is simple really. It stands for “cannabidiol”. This compound is found in cannabis plants and has many beneficial effects when consumed. Cbd has a multitude of health benefits from treating anxiety to helping with pain management, depression, inflammation, and even skin conditions. CBD has been used by people for thousands of years in many different cultures as a medicinal product.
While cannabis has always been used for its psychoactive properties (getting high), medical research into cannabidiol has shown that it does have therapeutic value – without any of the side effects associated with THC (the active ingredient in marijuana).
If you want to know more about this amazing plant then check out our full guide to cannabis here. We also offer guides on how to get started growing your own pot.
Why Use CBD for Sleep?
Many people assume that if they take cbd oil then they will be able to fall asleep easily. But there are many other reasons to consider taking cbd oil before bed.
For starters, cbd oil is very natural and doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals or additives. This means you don’t need to worry about overdosing yourself. You can also choose which strain to buy depending on your symptoms, such as insomnia, anxiety, depression, and so on.
There are many different types of cbd oils available, including tinctures, capsules, edibles, and vape pens. If you’re new to cbd then you might want to start off with a topical cream or salve instead. This will allow you to feel the effects faster than ingesting them through food or drink.
If you do decide to consume cbd oil, make sure to follow these tips before you go to sleep:
- Choose a dose that is right for you. Your body needs cbd oil in certain amounts to help it relax. Too little cbd oil won’t do anything for you, whereas too much could leave you feeling drowsy.
- Don’t overdo it. Taking too much cbd oil could cause you to become intoxicated and not able to fall asleep. It is recommended to take one serving of cbd oil before going to bed, so try not to exceed this amount.
- Don’t mix it with alcohol because this will increase the sedative effect of both.
- It may help you sleep more deeply. In some cases people find that adding CBD oil to their nightly routine helps them to sleep better throughout the night. It can also give you a sense of calmness and relaxation.
- Try taking CBD before bed. Adding cbd oil to your daily routine can make falling asleep easier and less painful. Try it once a week but do not add it to every night because this becomes habit forming.
Benefits of Using CBD for Insomnia
When you take cbd oil, it will help with your sleeping pattern and quality. Some of the benefits include:
- There are many best cbd gummies for pain which are out there in the market and people can buy any of them from the nearby store or dispensary of if they don’t want to roam here and there then they can also purchase it from online stores which is very easy for everybody. As they just have to place orders and they will parcel it.
- Reduced stress. When you experience chronic stress, it makes it difficult to fall asleep and stay asleep throughout the night. By taking cbd oil before bed each night, you can reduce stress and avoid having bad dreams.
- Improved mood. Chronic stress negatively affects your mood. A study published by the National Institute of Health revealed that CBD oil can improve your mood, reducing feelings of anxiety and depression. Taking cbd oil regularly can help keep your mood stable and calm during stressful times.
- Aids in pain management. According to a 2018 study done by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, CBD oil may benefit those who suffer from chronic pain due to arthritis or cancer. It has been proven to relieve pain and help you get some rest after long periods of being awake.
- Helps with weight loss. Many studies have found that CBD oil can help with losing weight by increasing appetite control. It has been found to also help suppress your hunger hormones. This makes it easier to eat healthy and limit your calorie intake.
- Improves digestion. CBD has been proven to help ease digestive problems. Studies show that it can treat IBS, Crohn’s disease, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in particular. It can also help reduce bloating and gas caused by constipation.
- Boosts brain function. As CBD is naturally anti-inflammatory, it has been proven to help boost brain function in adults between 18 to 35 years old. It can also help prevent memory loss in older individuals.
- Boosts immune system. Since CBD is an anti-inflammatory, it can help your immune system fight against infections and viruses. It can also help heal wounds and sore spots.
- Boosts brain development. CBD oil has been proven to help develop the brain in children. It promotes growth of new neurons and synapses, aiding in learning and memory.
- Prevents seizures. While epilepsy is often considered a neurological disorder, it can sometimes result from inflammation. CBD oil has been proven to help decrease seizures caused by inflammation. It has also been found to reduce the frequency and severity of seizures in those who already have epilepsy.
- Improves eye health. There are several reports of cbd oil improving eyesight and preventing glaucoma, macular degeneration, and cataracts. This is especially important for those over the age of 40.
- Makes you look younger. Many studies have looked at the relationship of CBD consumption with aging and the results were quite surprising. One study found that CBD lowers DNA damage and increases lifespan and another study found that there was no link between aging and CBD consumption.
- Suppresses anxiety. Anxiety is an extremely common problem among people who suffer from sleep disorders. CBD oil has been proven to significantly lower anxiety levels. In fact, it has been shown to help patients with PTSD.
- Relieves pain. CBD has been proven to relieve pain in many different ways. It can help reduce pain in those with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and chronic pain. It can also help relieve pain caused by cancer and multiple sclerosis.
- Reduces inflammation. Inflammation is a condition where the body’s immune system releases cytokines and other cells that cause swelling, redness, heat, and pain. CBD has been proven to reduce inflammation in many different ways. It can help reduce joint pain, muscle pain, and inflammation around the eyes.
- Treats ADHD. Studies suggest that CBD treatment may be helpful in managing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children. Although more studies are needed, it has been proven that CBD can help with ADHD.
- Boosts heart health. CBD can help lower blood pressure in those with hypertension. It can also improve endothelial function (the ability of your blood vessels to relax) and reduce LDL cholesterol levels. These two factors are key in protecting your heart and decreasing risk of coronary artery diseases and stroke.
- Boosts mental health. Some studies have shown that CBD can help reduce levels of amyloid beta protein in the brain. Amyloid beta protein is a substance that builds up in the brain with aging and is linked to Alzheimer’s disease. Another study showed that CBD can help decrease neuroinflammation which causes cognitive impairment.
- Increases fertility. CBD has been proven to increase sperm count and motility which improves fertility in men. Studies have found that CBD can also prevent miscarriage and premature birth.
- Boosts energy. CBD can help increase energy levels and improve focus and concentration. It can also help with depression and fatigue. It can help lower cortisol levels and regulate metabolism.
- Has antioxidant and neuroprotective properties. CBD has been proven to protect the brain from oxidative damage and prevent neuron death. It can therefore help improve brain health and prevent neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and Huntington’s disease.
- Isolate your dosage. You should never take cbd alone. Each person reacts differently to different doses of cbd oil. Make sure to isolate your dosage based on your personal situation and not everyone else’s. You can use this guide to figure out how much you should take.
For example, if you are taking cbd to manage pain caused by arthritis and inflammation, you would probably take 0.5g per dose. However, if you are taking cbd for anxiety, you would only